Made in the USA: Building a Quality AR-15 with American Parts

Are you looking for the perfect AR-15 build? One that’s made with American parts, so you can trust that it’s quality and reliable? Then look no further! In this blog post, we’ll discuss the process of creating a top-quality AR-15 with American parts. We’ll go over the best AR-15 parts, the tools you need, and the steps involved in assembling a dependable weapon. Let’s get started building your dream AR-15!

The Lower Receiver

When building an AR-15, the lower receiver is a crucial component that must be carefully chosen to ensure the final product is reliable and functional. As with all parts in this guide, we recommend sourcing components from American companies to truly make it “Made in the USA”.

One of the best options for purchasing an American-made lower receiver is They offer high-quality ar 15 parts and accessories, including 80% lower receivers made in the USA. This means that the receiver is 80% finished, leaving the final 20% for the buyer to complete with basic hand tools and a drill press. This not only allows for a sense of accomplishment in building the gun, but also gives a higher degree of control over the final product. offers several options for lower receivers, including both forged and billet options. A forged receiver is created by hammering and pressing a block of aluminum into shape, while a billet receiver is created by cutting the receiver from a solid block of aluminum. Both options are equally viable, and the choice ultimately comes down to personal preference.

When choosing a lower receiver, it’s important to keep in mind the intended use of the rifle. For example, if the gun is being built for competition shooting or long-range accuracy, a precision-machined billet receiver may be the better choice. On the other hand, if the gun is being built for more general-purpose use, a forged receiver will likely suffice.

Overall, offers high-quality American-made options for the lower receiver of an AR-15 build. It’s important to remember to do research and choose the receiver that best fits your needs and preferences. By sourcing all of your AR-15 parts from American companies, you can truly build a gun that is “Made in the USA”.

The Upper Receiver

The upper receiver is one of the most important components of your AR-15. It is responsible for holding the barrel and bolt carrier group in place, and it also houses the charging handle and ejection port.

When building a top-quality AR-15 with American parts, it is important to choose an upper receiver that is durable, reliable, and accurate. Many manufacturers offer upper receivers made from high-quality materials such as 7075-T6 aluminum, which provides excellent strength and corrosion resistance.

One of the most popular options for upper receivers is the A3 flat top design. This design allows for the mounting of optics, iron sights, and other accessories, making it a versatile option for any shooter.

Another important consideration when choosing an upper receiver is the type of rail system it supports. The most common options are the Picatinny and KeyMod rails. Picatinny rails are compatible with a wide range of accessories and are the standard in the industry. KeyMod rails, on the other hand, offer a lighter weight option with a sleeker profile, making them a popular choice among some shooters.

When choosing an upper receiver, it is important to consider the manufacturer’s reputation and track record for quality and customer service. Many American-made upper receivers are available from reputable manufacturers such as Aero Precision, BCM, and Daniel Defense, among others.

Next Post

I Want to Quit My Job - Is Entrepreneurship For You?

I read a blog post from about coping with a job you hate that said, “If everybody loved their job, they probably wouldn’t call it work. The lucky ones are those guys who have figured out how to get paid for doing what they love, while the rest of […]
I Want to Quit My Job – Is Entrepreneurship For You?

You May Like