Are you leaning towards hiring sales consultants to improve your sales? Then, hire somebody who has these characteristics:
1. Active listening. Sales consultants must be willing to listen to their clients. They must understand the needs and demands of the people that they are serving before they offer their expert advice. Run to the opposite direction if a prospective sales consultant does all the talking. He cannot in anyway help you reach your goals — that’s for sure!
2. In-depth knowledge. Ask for a free consultation to gauge the expertise of your potential sales consultant. Ask as many questions as needed to make sure that he has in-depth knowledge in this field. You can also ask for his portfolio. It would be great if he has a degree in advertising or business. If he has served well all his clients in the past and if he is highly recommended by industry leaders then, by all means, hire him!
3. Patience. Not all clients have the ability to articulate all their needs. So, find sales consultant who have a truck load of patience to really understand what you are looking for.
4. People skills. You would want to work with somebody who enjoy being around with other people, right? So, find someone who is warm, friendly, and someone who shows genuine concern in helping his clients.
5. Consistent. The sales consultant that you hire must be consistent in everything he says or does. He must not change his mind too often that you’ll get confused on what you need to do in the long run.